To become a thriving family of passionate followers of Jesus, who are equipped to accomplish the kingdom mission.
We want everyone to know who Jesus truly is – not just his name, but that Jesus is God the Son, that he conquered sin and death on the cross, that His words are true, and that God desires to be in relationship with every person in the world.
As a church we want to be living examples of what it’s like to live trusting God and knowing our identity as His sons and daughters. We’re intentional in focusing everything we do to help people live from God’s presence, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Rev. Justin R. Joplin, Lead Pastor,
Family: Married to Kristy with two sons, JR and Reuben
Justin came from the States bringing his wonderful Southern accent, a dedication and love for the Lord, creative and new ideas, along with passions such as graphic arts, sports (yes, JR is even playing hockey already) and music (what a banjo player!). We are excited to have Justin leading as the Senior Pastor at LPBC in serving our Lord and Saviour in this place.
Lucy Haniak, Office Administrator
Family: Married with cats
Love: Bible study, reading, walking, shopping, and eating out
Life Statement: “Delight yourself in the Lord” (Psalm 37:4a)
Laura Sellakandu, Children and Family Ministry Coordinator
Family: Raising boys with secrets from James Dobson! God is my source.
Interests: Quiet time in prayer, reading, baking, curricula for children, browsing sites of children’s ministry and trips to the library.
Life Statement: Trust in the Lord with all your heart…and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).
John Cullen, Youth and Young Adults Director
Charlotte McCuaig, Worship Leader
Conrad Gold, Organist, Music Director
John Dymond, Custodian
Statement of Faith
- We hold the importance of the Bible as the Word of God. The centrality of God’s Word affects everything we do.
- We cherish a personal and growing experience of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord as the heart of our faith.
- We celebrate our diversity as God’s people. We are intentionally inter-generational in our ministries.
- We are committed to the adoration and worship of God which is the core of our identity as Christians.
- We promote a gift-based ministry – the importance of exploring and developing one’s giftedness in God’s service – so as to equip people for service.
- Faith should have an active/missional component.
- We believe in the primacy of the local church – to acknowledge our responsibility in investing our time, talent and treasure in her ministry.
- We depend on the leading of the Holy Spirit in our corporate decision-making, and we seek the Spirit’s empowering of our ministries through prayer.