WHO WE ARE
To become a thriving family of passionate followers of Jesus, who are equipped to accomplish the kingdom mission.
We want everyone to know who Jesus truly is – not just his name, but that Jesus is God the Son, that he conquered sin and death on the cross, that His words are true, and that God desires to be in relationship with every person in the world.
As a church we want to be living examples of what it’s like to live trusting God and knowing our identity as His sons and daughters. We’re intentional in focusing everything we do to help people live from God’s presence, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Laura, Associate Pastor, Children and Family Pastoral Care
Laura’s ministry at LPBC has taken many forms since she joined the staff in 2011. She presently heads up LPBC’s popular KidZone program and oversees pastoral care. Laura is a gifted pastor whose background includes work in preschool education and administration. She loves getting to apply her passion for ministry to many different areas in the life of LPBC. A self-professed night owl, Laura brings unmistakable energy into practically everything she does. She is currently working on a Master of Theological Studies from McMaster Divinity College.
“Volunteering in the children’s ministry with Laura is amazing. Her shines through her work with the kids and her personality.”
– KidZone volunteer
“In working alongside Laura, I have grown in my admiration of her integrity, vision and pastoral sensitivity.”
– Stephen Ministry volunteer
Lucy, Office Administrator
Family: Married with cats
Love: Bible study, reading, walking, shopping, and eating out
Life Statement: “Delight yourself in the Lord” (Psalm 37:4a)
”Lucy’s cheerfulness, willingness to help and responsive nature make her a constant
delight to engage with.”
– Church Council member
Conrad, Organist, Music Director
“Conrad has exceptional talent for both organ and choral music.”
– Choir member
“I enjoy singing under Conrad’s leadership…We are very fortunate to have such a
high caliber musician working with us.”
– Choir member
Statement of Faith
- We hold the importance of the Bible as the Word of God. The centrality of God’s Word affects everything we do.
- We cherish a personal and growing experience of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord as the heart of our faith.
- We celebrate our diversity as God’s people. We are intentionally inter-generational in our ministries.
- We are committed to the adoration and worship of God which is the core of our identity as Christians.
- We promote a gift-based ministry – the importance of exploring and developing one’s giftedness in God’s service – so as to equip people for service.
- Faith should have an active/missional component.
- We believe in the primacy of the local church – to acknowledge our responsibility in investing our time, talent and treasure in her ministry.
- We depend on the leading of the Holy Spirit in our corporate decision-making, and we seek the Spirit’s empowering of our ministries through prayer.
This We Believe: Resources for Faith With Baptist Distinctives is a Baptist Study Guide which has been prepared by the Faith and Order Committee under mandate of the Council and Assembly of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. It arose out of a perceived need to define more clearly the faith that binds our family of churches together, and to provide a document of common witness and testimony in the context of our contemporary Canadian culture.